Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kingpin pt2

Here are a couple more pics of the axle. Here is a shot of the glorious serviceable selectable hubs, it also shows those massive lugs. There is also a close up on one of the king pin knuckles...no ball joints here. You may also notice that there is no central axle disconnect system. As you can probably tell I am pumped on this axle. I also picked up another Dana 60 front, out of a 2001 dodge (missing hubs and calipers) for the coil spring buckets. I will post pics up soon. The last pic has both axles in it as well as a lathe I am restoring... I have way to many in-depth projects running at the same time, but I digress. I know buying another dodge axle seems a bit overkill but having the coil spring buckets will allow my truck to be drivable the entire time I am am building the new axle. I want to take my time and do everything correct, when you rush things it always turns out bad. After the swap is complete I will sell the complete and partial dodge axles.