Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Fuel system pt2

I replaced the lift pump today. I ditched the mounting hardware and went with 8-1.25 X 45mm studs, lock-washers and nylocks. I went in from the top removing the fuel filter. I removed the old one and tried to remove the fuel heater but it would not budge. I unplugged the fuel heater and installed the new pump, it was a PIA with the studs it would really suck to reuse the original bolts. I hooked everything back up and fired the truck up. It ran rough for about 10 seconds then it smoothed out. Since the over drive likes to pop out the second you let off the throttle I went ahead and installed a DNR customs TPS delete kit. It allows you to set the overdrive shift point manually. I set it to engage at 45mph.
Here is the link to a TPS delete I did on my 12 valve,